Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Am From by Teodora Mitova

I am from big books, small books, and more/many other books,
Movies watched in the cinema, or at home,
Singing in the shower, listening to music, dreams dreamt everywhere-
in my small pink cosy room, at the park, in the bus or the subway.
I am from all mistakes I’ve made in my life, so many blushes and memories, some good, some not so…
I am just as coloured as the rainbow…

I am from all over my country or the world,
Happy hilarious holidays with my family, long or short vacations, when there is no school;
My Christmas with the Christmas tree, my Easter with the paint on my hands and my New Year with the champagne and my cat, you know;
“Happy Birthday!” and “A gift for you!,
“So very much thank you!”

I am from everything I like to eat (so almost every food);
I am from yoghurt and biscuits, cookies and milk,
banitsa, greaves, my grandmothers’ home-made food, delicious!
Also cheeseburgers and hamburgers in McDonalds with friends or my mother;
KFC, corn, and food many other.
Milkshake, juice-orange or apple, if you’re thirsty, here you are!

I am from barking dogs and purring cats,
squealing guinea pigs and biting hamsters,
fish, silent and calm, and excited parrots;
wild wolves and horses from my dreams,
big cats, so fast and graceful, sometimes lazy,
free eagles, falcons, hawks, so on…

I am from “Be yourself”-the most valuable advice,
and “Follow your ambitions;”
“Treat people the way you want to be treated” with “Be polite”, of course,
also “Never give up”, but “Never say never” too!

I am from, first of all, why I think you know, Daniela and George;
Then Astrid Lindgren for the children,
Stephanie Mayer for the teenagers in age and soul,
and J. K. Rowling for them all.
Famous writers, great novels…that’s what I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment